Sunday, November 29, 2009

Super Spiderman Lucas and other Thanksgiving garble

This year for Thanksgiving, our family kept things pretty quiet. Shaun had to go back to work on the Wednesday before the big day. I was soooooo sad about that and I think I kept a hold of my sadness throughout the long weekend.  In spite of my mood, though, Rylan and I loaded up the vehicle Wednesday night and once Dad was ready we headed to Sheridan.

Thursday was really very nice. Mom and I spent the morning getting food ready, and Daunee' helped as well. Dad had the very hard task of holding Lucas. So far, he's keeping his Mommy's work schedule of being up at night and sleeping during the day. We had a nice afternoon meal and then all took long naps.

That evening Echo, Paul and the kids came over. We kept things pretty quiet again in the evening, eating  leftovers and lots of yummy pies.

Friday we all hung out at the house again. Echo and Paul did Black Friday shopping and then all of the guys went out to check out the guy stores (Home Depot, Shiptons, etc). This is the first year in many that I did not go out. We're so focused on the cruise in January that we're scaling back our Christmas shopping. It's so sad. I love to be out in the crowds and watch how crazy people will act. Oh well, there's always next year!

Friday afternoon, Rylan and I left the Kennedy's house for the first time since arriving to go to the Downtown Stroll. I LOVE downtown Sheridan. Most of the shops were open and there were several vendors offering free treats. We had chili, hot dogs and hot chocolate. It was a fun evening but tainted with Aiden having several small seizures. He fell in the street, then couldn't even eat his hot dog because he was having so many. It made for a sad close to our night out.

Paul and Echo left very early on Saturday morning to get Aiden back to the hospital for blood work. They will be looking to see if the medicine is damaging his liver then decide whether or not to add more medicine. I plead with you to continue praying for him and for the doctors to get his meds figured out. He gets so frustrated when a small seizure causes him to lose his train of thought or drop things.

In his good moments, though, he is as funny as ever. He calls Lucas "Super Spiderman Baby Lucas" and tells us that he is going to baby-sit him and play hide-and-seek. Too hilarious. Rylan wasn't too interested in the new baby, but she did tell him to "Shhhh" every time he started to cry!

Rylan and I headed home Saturday morning and have messed a bit with Christmas decorations ever since. She is totally into helping with everything and unpacking the tubs of decor. "Here, Mommy," she declares over and over as she brings me something to set out. Her work is too fast for me to keep up with! My family said several times that she's like a little adult. I never think about that, but I guess that will happen when you have an only child being raised by two firstborns. We probably expect too much out of her already.

I was moved to tears when I was unpacking the Nativity Set and telling her about why we celebrate Christmas. The weight of our task in rearing a child and teaching her why we celebrate Christmas seems pretty heavy. I showed her Baby Jesus ("Baby Geez" in Ry-speak), showed her His manger and told her it was His bed. Now anytime she walks by the Nativity Set she says, "Shhhh!" The girl makes me laugh. Anyway, here are some pics of our weekend. Hope your Holiday Prep is off to a fabulous start...and may you remember the Reason for the Season...the birth of our Savior!


Rylan wasn't sure what to think of her chair being packed to go!



Sweet Baby Lucas-he is a very quiet baby. See the new Kennedy Blog for more adorable pics!



Rylan trying to get her pic done like her new cousin



Papa, Ry and Lucas



Can you spy Rylan? She was playing hide-and-seek!



Maybe a little risque-but I couldn't resist sharing. Buck naked except for the adorable boots!




Auntie Z and her favorite nephews




Aiden, Ry and Ella all trying to squish in for a pic




Auntie Nee' and Ry



Daunee' and precious Lucas



Ella drinking her hot chocolate at the Downtown Stroll



Mema, Aiden and Echo


Mema helping Ry with her first taste of hot chocolate


Thank You Lord, for families to spend a Holiday with when my honey is hard at work!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to hang out with your family...too bad Shaun had to work. I pray that they find out the cause of Aiden's seizures. How frustrating and scary. My continued prayers are you with you and your family as they figure this thing out.
    Not risque...too cute pic. with the boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you were sad. I hope you are able to let go of some of the stress about the cruise so you can just enjoy the anticipation of it and have a nice vacation. You deserve it!! I just love having something exciting to look forward to. My next highly-anticipated adventure is coming to see you!!! Can't wait to introduce "my" Lucas. :D Love ya!

    ReplyDelete