Saturday, November 7, 2009

Finally Some Answers!



Aiden's EEG shows he's susceptible to seizures. It's common for them to come on suddenly and close together. He'll most likely grow out of them. He's been having myoclonic & tonic-clonic seizures. Neurologist didn't want to diagnose him but everything says epilepsy. If she picked a type it would be benign myoclonic epilepsy. He's going to take Depakote 3x a day & if there are no more in 2 years he'll be done. He'll have to do blood tests to check for side effects but that will be better than the mood he was in from Keppra. He'll be limited in climbing without someone to catch him & riding bike only with a helmet but only for a couple months. Otherwise no limitations! He is out of the PICU also and won't be headed back. They're going to discharge him tomorrow but they will stay in Denver another night just to make sure all is well.

That's the latest report from Echo. Daunee's Facebook status said that 9 out of 10 children outgrow this type of epilepsy. We're praising God that we have some answers. However, can you imagine keeping up with that kid for the next couple of months?? It might be the best weight loss program ever-because there will be times we'll be running to keep up with him and his daredevil moves!

I think we have all been overwhelmed by the support of people through prayers and kind words. Mom was trying to count states of people that we had praying and I think she came up with 10+. That's amazing. The people I work with have all been awesome, too, which is good since I think I've been a bit out of it since this started happening. It was easy to just go through the motions at school while having Aiden constantly in the back of my mind. Everyone was compassionate and wanting me to keep them updated constantly.

One side effect to all of this that Shaun might appreciate is that I have grown to loathe my phone alerting me of a text. So many were from Echo and of a scary nature that my stomach turns every time it happens now! I might be done with my obsessive T9ing for a while...

Anyway, thanks for keeping our family in your thoughts and prayers! You are all awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment