Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happenings

It's a chilly night and Rylan and I are hanging out while Shaun is working nights. The snow that fell this week means Shaun has to start his routine of calling and letting me know he made it to the mine safely each night. It looks like it might be a long winter. :-(

Last weekend I made it to Rapid with Mom and Dad to do some winter shopping for Rylan. I finally put away her summer wardrobe tonight, but haven't made it to putting away the new stuff. We have reached the point where hand-me-downs from Ella will quit coming-they are just too close together and everything will be the wrong season. I think I'm okay with that-the amount of clothes I put up tonight is outrageous!

School has been okay. It was a pretty stressful week with schedule changes and the authors Bill and Carol Wallace visiting; I was beginning to feel stretched to the limit and kind of dumped on by assuming teachers. But listening to Bill talk about never giving up when he got rejection letter after rejection letter was inspiring. And hearing him tell me how well prepared our students were and what a great job I'd done didn't hurt either! And by the way, he has great books that are awesome read alouds. And his wife writes adorable stories for kids ready to start chapter books. They made the whole week worthwhile.

After months of procrastination, we finally got plane tickets to Miami for our cruise in January. I feel like I can finally get excited! Come January 10th, we will be headed to Cozumel, Mexico, then Belize, Isla Roatan and Grand Cayman! Shaun still has to decide how many places he will scuba dive. It would be nice if he didn't leave me to hang out with the girls at every stop! Oh, and our Human Resource Guru approved my convenience leave request, so I will have the full week off with no pay dock days. That is awesome!

Rylan has been having a great time at Mema's house when Shaun and I are both working. She is most content when Mom has a houseful of other children. We debated last weekend calling the doctor about the fact that she was not eating. Then, all of a sudden this week, she started eating non-stop! We are grateful for sure. Maybe someday she'll get out of 18 month clothing!

Other than that, I'm getting excited to travel to Sheridan for Daunee's baby shower on Friday afternoon. Shaun is going to stay home with Rylan that night and they might come join me there on Saturday. The following weekend we've talked about going to Craig to visit Tucker, who is there working for the next 4-5 months. We miss him around the home front, Shaun especially. November 10th we are meeting him in Casper for a Skillet concert! We did see them at Hills Alive this summer but are totally stoked for the show!

The following pics are from our friend Nicole's wedding. It was fun to be together as a family that evening.








Our friend Katy with Nicole


Rylan loves to play dress up at Mema's house!





Hope you all are well and staying warm!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures. I'll have to check out those authors and see if there are books my kids would like! Jealous of the cruise by the way...maybe someday Tony and I will make it...maybe now that we are on our last kid! lol

    ReplyDelete