Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Look what came in the mail!!

If you know anything about me, you know that I adore cake. Well, it's not so much the cake part that thrills me as much as some delicious buttercream frosting. And the prettier and funkier the cake, the easier it is for me to fall in love. I've already put Shaun under some major pressure to have an amazing cake made for my 30th birthday and it's two years away! And now you know why I was willing to boycott a wedding reception back in September. Cake is that important to me.

Imagine my delight, then, when through some other blogs I stumbled across the Cake Wrecks blog. For the past year I have spent nearly every morning checking the blog updates and laughing at the latest Jen has come up with. My day at school doesn't seem to get off on the right foot if I don't get a chance to read the blog. When she announced that she was having a book tour for her Cake Wreck book, I was bummed that I couldn't make it even close to any of the events. But, I remembered that I have a most amazing Uncle (more like an older brother) that lives in Seattle. So, I issued him a mission of visiting some restaurants that I'd seen on Food Network, and going to the Book Tour stop. I wasn't sure he'd actually do it.

However, on the night of the wedding reception that we nearly boycotted, I got this picture on my phone with a message that A.G. was there:


El yay! Yippy skippy!! I asked if he would get me a book and his response was along the lines of "Duh, that's why I'm here."

A few weeks have gone by, but I was delighted last night when I checked the mail and this was in the box:


On the inside is an inscription from Jen of Cake Wrecks and from the coolest Uncle ever:



The book is a lot different from the blog. It has more background about the blog and on the cake wrecks. I love it. I've been reading it before bed at night and intend to take it to school but keep forgetting! I had a miserable time at work last week but this definitely helped lift my spirits! Thanks, A.G.. You're the best!

Stay tuned to pics of Rylan from this evening's Conestoga Treat Street....

No comments:

Post a Comment