Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pics and Updates

Well, it's been two weeks and life has been super busy! Our routine this fall, though, seems a little out of whack without my involvement in the musical. It's strange to not be out three nights a week planning and preparing a show. I miss it when I think about it, but I think we're all enjoying getting to spend our evenings together. Of course, now I've replaced it with classes, but I've been able to take care of those after Rylan goes to bed.

Shaun has gotten to go scuba diving once the last month and is going again on Saturday. It's weird that this will be his last chance to go before our January cruise! We're getting pretty excited about that trip. I missed getting pics of him with his beard, which he sported for about the last three weeks. He had to shave it off to be more comfortable in his wet suit! I won't miss it.

Rylan is overdue for her 18 month check-up because her parents are slackers and haven't made an appointment yet. Oops. She has ten teeth now! I'm not sure she will ever get any other top teeth but she gets by just fine. Her favorite thing to drink are "shakes" (milk with a bit of chocolate). When she sees pictures of herself she will point and say, "Ry-Ry," and she loves to identify her other favorite people, too. Any picture of Tucker is "My Tu-Tu." I'm not sure where that came from, but she says it over and over because we laugh. She is also obsessed with crayons and making pretty pictures. One day after school I came home and asked her what she'd done with Daddy and she took me to the fridge to show me her latest artwork. When she is with her Mema they listen to a lot of music and play dress-up. From what I hear she really gets herself all decked out!

School is really busy but it is so nice to not have grades to do, or parents to call, or testing to worry about. Last week I went to Mallo Camp. I didn't go as a child, but I can guarantee you that adults have more fun than the students! I had a great Council and a super High School student to work with. We came in second in the tug-of-war, a little disappointing since my Council won the last time I went. 3 of my good friends were also there and we all got to be in the same cabin. It was too much fun but I was ready to be home for sure. There is still no cell phone service at Mallo-and only 2-minute conversations (due to long lines with other people and no free time) to check on Shaun and Rylan were hard!

The first day-cheesy and fresh! Wendy, Me, Charity and Lindsay


Charity and I hanging out in the lodge on our first night


Our Cabin-The "Haunted" Cabin 13!


Me, Charity and Wendy on our last day-pretty worn out and ready to go home to our families!


Last weekend Wyoming Machinery celebrated their 40th Anniversary with an Open House/Picnic at the new 60,000 square foot building. Since Dad, Shaun and Paul all work for Wyoming Machinery it was a family affair. We had fun checking the place out, climbing on the machines they all work on and eating yummy barbeque!

Ry sporting her new hat and walking around with Aiden.


Aiden and PaPa using a simulator to drive a scraper. He did awesome! My grandparents got to join us and they are in the background.


Ella and Rylan sitting with Papa in a dozer.


I'm not sure what Echo and Ry are so excited about-but Echo's face is priceless!


Rylan on the way home from the day-still sporting her hat!


I'm excited that Daunee' is coming for a visit tomorrow. Mom is out of town and Dad and Shaun are going early to Buffalo for their dive, so it's just going to be us girls! We are going to meet Echo for dinner and head to the Energy Bowl. On Saturday we are all going to our friend Nicole's wedding. I'm boycotting the reception though-no cake-which is a cardinal sin! Fall is shaping up to be full of other fun activities and hopefully I'll find time to post about them!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pics. Fall is shaping up to be pretty busy for us too. Where are you guys going on your cruise in Jan. ? I won't be going anywhere for awhile. That's ok. Glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Work, family, Rylan... everything sounds like lots of fun! Except classes, but I suppose that is to be expected. I love the new layout for fall. I can't stand the look of my blog. It's so messed up I hate to even check it. I'll try to email again soon. Love ya!! Give that baby girl a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - How do you manage to have great hair at CAMP?? Kudos!

    ReplyDelete