Thursday, October 29, 2009

Prayers for our family, please


The last 20 hours have been trying for the Wilson family. And for about 8 of them I was in oblivion and had no idea what was going on. That's what I get for turning my phone off.

Last night Mom and Dad kept Aiden and Ella for a sleepover. Aiden even wanted to sleep in their bedroom, so they had blankets all set up on the floor. It was the first night Mom has heard Aiden pray out loud, and he did it for a long time, ending by thanking God for his Mommy and Daddy who brought him to MeMa's house. An hour later, Mom and Dad heard a clunk and when Mom got out of bed she found Aiden under her bed. She pulled him out and thought he was having a seizure. Dad called 911 and Mom, thinking he was gone, wanted to start CPR but his jaw was locked tight. My best friend Elizabeth's younger brother, Doug, was the first to arrive at the house. I have heard my mom say repeatedly today how Doug's calm assurances that what Aiden was doing was normal after a seizure calmed her down. That young man was a God-send to her last night. They rode in the ambulance (Dad staying behind with Ella) to the hospital. In Mom's rush she forgot her phone and couldn't call Echo until getting to the ER. The ER doc sent Echo, Paul and Aiden home when he found nothing "wrong" with Aiden and said until he had another one they wouldn't do any further tests.

I didn't know any of this until my phone came on this morning. Mom said she still wanted to have Rylan as she was watching Ella still and 3 other children from church. Things changed quickly, though, when we had another text from Echo that they were in the ambulance because Aiden was having another seizure. Rylan and I literally ran out the door to get to Mom's house. All I could "pray" as I was driving and bawling was saying God's name over and over. And then I asked him to help me pull it together so I could support my family and Mom, who was devastated. Dad came straight home from the mine, I called in to work and said I wouldn't be in for the morning and we waited by the phone for news. Once Dad was home, he and Mom headed to the hospital and I brought Rylan and Ella home to keep waiting and praying.

After spending the day in the ER and having a chest x-ray and an MRI, we only know that Aiden has a sinus infection. It could be that Aiden will be a child who has these seizures and we never know why. They will be back at the hospital tomorrow morning for an EEG and that might bring answers. We want them to find nothing, though, and for him to just be one of those unexplained cases. There are a lot of unknowns still.

What I do know, though, is that we serve a mighty God and He is watching. I also know that Satan wants nothing more than to use this situation to make us worry and forget to trust that God is in control. It is so tempting to give in to worry for my precious nephew but I am clinging to the peace God has given me today. I've been listening to Shadows by the David Crowder tonight, and they lyrics ring true:

Life is full of light and shadow
O the joy and O the sorrow
O the sorrow

And yet will He bring
Dark to light
And yet will He bring
Day from night

When shadows fall on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When darkness falls on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When all seems lost
When we're thrown and we're tossed
We remember the cost
We rest in Him
Shadow of the cross

Pretty awesome. Anyway, please be praying for the doctors, my sister and brother-in-law, my Mom and of course sweet Aiden Torq. And while you're at it, would you pray for my BFF Elizabeth? At 36+ weeks pregnant she has pneumonia and strep. Not the best condition to be in when you have 17-month-old triplets to run after.

I can't post something without another pic-it feels wrong. Rylan and Ella spent the day fighting and making up. I have a new understanding of what it would be like to have two children (ugh!) and stay home with them (double ugh!). Props to all you stay-at-home moms. This woman would struggle to do it!

Here's a pic of the girls when they were getting along this morning at Mom and Dad's house.


I will, of course, keep you posted on how things turn out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment