Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Post with Pictures!!

We were pretty busy this past weekend with family and lots of activities. Friday night we went into Women's Resource Center (where my sis Echo volunteers as the Education guru-she is awesome and I am proud of her work!) so that my Aunt Betty Jo could do an ultrasound on Daunee'. We got to see the baby move all over the place! I wish I had pics to share. It was fun to see the new baby and I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl so I can start shopping!

Saturday morning after causing a serious back-up in the Starbucks line with a seven drink order we got to watch my cousin Kellie play AAU Volleyball. I feel so old watching her. When I lived with her family in college she was three!! I think her team ending up taking second but don't quote me on that. She is a super player and it will be great to cheer her on when she is playing for Kelly Walsh against the Camels.

That afternoon Rylan hung out with my cousin Chloe while I worked on my skit for church the next day. Then my sisters, Mom and I got to see a movie. We went to "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past." It was cute and we enjoyed some time together. In the evening a couple of my girlfriends from work and church, along with my sisters met up at the Bachelor Auction to be Tucker's cheering section. It was entertaining for sure. Echo left with one of her friends and Daunee took off with my vehicle before Tucker was auctioned off. I was in the restroom when Daunee' called to say that she had been pulled over in the Pilot for not having her headlights on. I've been getting grief from my fam for not having them in "auto" mode, but it's just one of my OCD things to turn my lights on and off. Anyway, Tucker wanted us at the auction to save him if he thought things weren't going well and had money with so we could bid. His signal was going to be putting his hand on his chest (later when I asked he said he chose that because it's how Rylan says please)! My friend Wendy didn't bid on anyone but she was brave enough to email a Math teacher who was in the auction and she got herself a free date! It was a fun girls night out. Oh, and Tucker wasn't thrilled with who won the auction and said eye contact should have been enough signal for us to raise our paddle and save him. One date won't kill him, though.

Sunday at church I performed "The Invisible Woman" by Nicole Johnson. It went really well. I had the script next to me on a stand and the one time I looked at it I realized I had been right on, but still tripped on my tongue. Oh well. Hopefully God used the drama to touch some mother's heart who feels like no one sees the work she does. The boys grilled lunch for the family and mom had lots of other goodies prepared. We got to have some yummy cake to celebrate Daunee' getting her Bachelors in Nursing. She spent the last year working nights full time, taking classes online and getting clincal hours in. I'm not sure how she managed to not lose her mind but we're proud of all her hard work!

While we were busy running around Saturday, Shaun, Damion and Dad were at home working on the sprinkler system. Sunday after lunch they worked on it some more and just about have it done. I can't even tell you what Shaun has left to do, but it's close to being fully operational. Now on to his other projects!! I think our family is going to travel with him to Utah in a few weeks when he and Dad get their open water dives done. He's getting his hair cut tomorrow! Woohoo!! It hasn't been short since last summer--so the curls are getting out of control. I can't wait to see him with short hair again. It will make my day.

Rylan is turning into quite the independent little girl. She can follow some simple instructions now, like finding her shoes and coat or getting a diaper out. She thinks she needs to sit like a big girl in her booster at the table instead of in her high chair. I don't think we will ever have to doubt what she wants as she gets older. We had to go to Sturgis yesterday so I could visit the dentist and get a temporary crown put on and she did awesome traveling. She spends her time talking to everything she sees out the window or taking her shoes and socks off and laughing hysterically at her accomplishments. I really thought that after she reached a year old we wouldn't notice how she changes as much, but she continues to amaze me every day. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. We are blessed, too, to be surrounded with close family and friends we can share the adventures of life with!

Kellie taking a break from her games


Mema with Aiden and Rylan


Chloe hanging out with Rylan


Shaun, Tucker and Damion working on the sprinkler system


After church-with no shoes and playing with Daddy's tools-what a good mom she has!


Trying to get the camera from Mommy


Chillin on the deck with Daddy and Titus


Two of her favs: Her cell phone and her rocking chair


She treated the cup like a microphone and sang into it for a long time!

2 comments:

  1. Ok...the pic. of Rylan with her phone and rocking chair made me crack up! What a girl, huh? :) I hope you have good phone service!
    Congrats on being an Aunt again! We are going this weekend to visit my only nephew for the first time.
    Glad to hear things are going well. Only a couple more weeks and school will be done too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad to be caught up a little! But, I was hoping to see Rylan's Mommy's new haircut! Where are your pictures you said you'd let Shaun take??? I won't get to see you until June!

    ReplyDelete