Monday, May 25, 2009

The Climber

This past weekend Rylan spent her time doing a lot of climbing! She thinks she is pretty cute when she masters climbing up to something on her own. I tried my best to capture her little adventures around the house. She is pretty independent (but only at our house, I guess, because my mom says Rylan wants her MeMa close all the time at her house). She wonders off to do her own thing a lot. We try to give her a few moments to herself before checking in on her. Here are some of the ways I found her this weekend.

Sunday night I was working in the kitchen and knew that Rylan was in the TV room but wasn't quite sure what she was up to-she was so quiet. Turns out she was vegging on the couch. I asked her if she wanted a nap and she said yes so we took a 30-minute power nap.


Later on she felt accomplished for using her dog to get up in the rocking chair. She loves to sit with us in that chair and watch what is happening outside.


Rylan did not want to eat dinner on Sunday, but she did think she was funny when she got up to her daddy's chair after I took her out of her chair. She loves cheese and will say it now, even when I ask her to for a picture!


Monday I found her playing in one of her toy baskets. We love having this shelf in the living room for toys now and Rylan is getting into helping pick up at bed time. Yes!


To get on the entry way bench she pulled her diaper bag onto the floor and used it as a stepping stool. She was really proud of herself for getting up on this one!


Later in the evening, on the other couch in the TV room.



I am pretty thankful that we had Monday off. Ry and I needed some time to recover from a quick trip to Casper to see my cousin Kellie get baptized (woohoo!). We got lots of laundry done, the house picked up and vaccummed and even got to school to pack up half a cupboard. By we I mean mostly me, with some good and not so good help from Rylan. At school she undid most of the piles I was trying to make. Ugh. But she really is trying to help pick up messes. Oh, you probably don't know that my boss announced on Friday that anyone moving rooms needed to be out and into new territory by the last day of school. That means that in between finishing up grades and dealing with kids ready for summer that I have to find time to pack up my room by June 4th. I thought I was leaving a lot behind, but then cleaned out that half of a cupboard and had covered my counter in stuff I want to keep. I am trying to not be a pack rat but that Wilson blood runs deep, huh, Grandma?? We did get approval to use students to help with moving the last week of school, and while it's not the last week I am already putting them to work. Go me.

Our summer is shaping up to be really busy and totally exciting. The thoughts of all to come gives me motivation to put 9 and 10 year-olds to work packing boxes. This coming weekend Shaun and Dad are going to Utah to do their open-water dives. After much debate we decided that Rylan didn't need a ten-hour drive on Friday and another one on Sunday, especially since Shaun is not sure what time he will be done Sunday; it could be late afternoon before he heads back to WY. Sooo, mom, Ry and I are heading to Nebraska to see my Aunt Carmen and Uncle Scott. That will be fun! I might even take Friday afternoon off to go.

Once school is out Shaun and I have a weekend at the cabin planned. We seriously don't think we've had a weekend together since before Rylan came. Our trip to Coldplay was without her, but we were with my sister. The next week I am headed to Seattle for a few days. That's right-just me! I am totally stoked to spend some time with my Uncle A.G. and meet his girlfriend. And Seattle is one of my fav places in the world, so it will be the perfect place to get away and rejuvenate. The end of June we have friends coming to visit on their way to Mt. Rushmore. We haven't seen them since the summer after we got married and are looking forward to catching up.

July-holy cow-if we survive the month it will be a miracle. I am gone to a conference in Denver over my birthday. There are 14 people from school going and many are my good buddies. I got nominated to drive as long as I don't text. I never do that so we should be okay. The next week I get to see old friends from high school at a 10-year reunion picnic and the following day we are headed to Rapid for Hills Alive. It will be good to see old friends and good bands. I am really looking forward to Remedy Drive-they played in Wright last week and I L-O-V-E-D them. I plan on imitating the lead singer in our teacher performance at the Talent Show next week. He played a mean keyboard. The day after Hills Alive we are driving to Denver to catch a plane to Tennessee! We found cheap plane tickets and couldn't resist, especially since Ry flies for free still. We told Mimi Sharon it was her birthday present. Hopefully that was good enough-since her birthday was two weeks ago and the card is still on the piano!

In August life should slow down. I am trying to get a trip to Iowa planned to see my mom's relatives and spend some days with Elizabeth. I'm not sure we'll get to visit much with four children running around but we are going to try! Hopefully by then I will also have gotten some library projects done. The boss man is buying paint and I am taking advantage even though the library was just done in red, white, blue and tan a few years ago. Wait 'til you see what I have planned. The colors laid out are teal, lime green and purple for the "classroom" side, and purple, maroon and brown for the "coffehouse" side. I also have some prints picked out to hang throughout the library. Things like this and this. It's going to be awesome!

And that about sums it up. I really planned on just posting the pics of Rylan but I get so caught up thinking about summer that I spilled over onto the keyboard. The last pic is Rylan and her Daddy at the Remedy Drive concert. She is a girl after our hearts-already enjoying rockin' out to a good band!

1 comment:

  1. Judd is a climber too. Yesterday I found him using the step stool to the play kitchen set to climb up onto the back shelf and climb through the window of their toy kitchen! Then he climbed right up onto the coffee table just to sit (like his big brother :( ).
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the prints you have picked out for the library! I am so jealous of your new job! That seriously is one of my dream jobs!

    ReplyDelete