Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vacation Pictures

We are finally getting caught up on chores and laundry and preparing to leave on Friday. Here is a taste of what we did on our trips to Hills Alive and Tennessee!

Mom and Dad bid on passes to Bear Country at a Hills Alive Auction and won them for $40, saving us about $80! It was HOT, but still fun. We went on Sunday morning before the concert started up again. Rylan is proficient at growling like a bear now and she loved to see the little animals up close!


Papa and his grandkids sitting on a bench that reads "Beware of the Bear." That would be him sometimes!


Aiden considers taking care of Ry a big job. He pushed her around and here he is talking to her about the otters and pointing them out.


I'm not sure what is making Auntie Echo laugh...


I had to include this pic-it's my new favorite band-Remedy Drive. We saw them in May at the Wright Town Hall and I LOVE them so we had to watch them again at Hills Alive. You should check them out. They're from Lincoln, NE and their music saw me through my somewhat darkish period in May. Good stuff.


We went to the Knoxville Zoo on a beautiful, not too muggy day last week. I think we might be looking at the elephants or maybe the lions. The elephants were for sure my favorites-and Ry and I love to practice our elephant sounds.


Rylan pulled herself as close as possible to the animals!


"Should I get out and join the monkeys, Daddy??"


Ry and Daddy looking at the red panda. She was enthralled watching him eat.


Auntie Paige feeding Rylan snacks


Mimi Sharon-perhaps giving her more food?


Mimi Sharon blowing bubbles-Rylan tried hard to blow into the tube to get bubbles out!


Aunt Vicky holding Ry while Uncle Glen tries to play with her-she was hesitant with him at first but quickly fell in love.


Ry and Uncle Glen playing with the clown that does "Pop Goes the Weasel." I think they look alike (Glen and Rylan, that is)!


Showing off her bottom two teeth. I thought she still had only four teeth. Yesterday when I told Mom that Rylan was running a bit of a temp and I was sure she was finally teething she did some digging around. She found 3 molars already through-one that has clearly been through for a while! How did I miss them? So, our dear daughter has 7 teeth.


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pic Shaun caught of Rylan laughing at Uncle Glen. We had time to print up a copy for Mimi Sharon and Kessie, and I can't wait to get one done to hang in our house. I adore it.


Since Shaun will be with over the weekend I will have some pictures, but I will have to try hard to get some during the week at Elizabeth's place. He is clearly the great photographer in this family!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics. Judd had all of his teeth by 13 months...that's one thing all of my kids were advanced on, but always behind in speech...though not sure why because I talk a lot, they should too! :)
    Looks like you guys had fun on your travels thus far.

    ReplyDelete