Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick Check-in, again!

Well, we've finally made it home from our travels for a few days. We are home so that Shaun can work four nights and on Friday morning we'll be off to Iowa for a Nehring family reunion. Shaun and Rylan have never been to Iowa to hang with family, so it will be a fun trip! Shaun will leave with my dad on Monday morning and I'm headed to see Elizabeth and crew for a few days with Rylan. We're hoping we can somehow see Stacey and her kiddos while I'm around that area. That's what's to come; what's behind would take too much time to type out! I'll just leave a few pics for now with the goal of getting vacation pics uploaded this week!

I had a great time at my work conference in Denver. I learned a ton about being a success with students and about my teaching friends. We ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory for my birthday. It was delicious and my boss paid! I had the coolest birthday this year-7/8/09-and Carmen said I should take a pic of myself at 10:11! So my buddies helped me out-I'm using Missy's phone to show the time while saying good night to Shaun on mine.


My friend Jody is awesome and got tickets for 10 of us to see a Rockies vs. Braves game! It was lots of fun and the Rockies pulled out a win.


The weekend I got home, Rylan and I tried to be as lazy as possible. In fact, when I went into WalMart after church that Sunday she was so tuckered out that she slept through the entire store!


This is a taste of our work in the library (I'll post more pics when it is all decorated and gorgeous)! I think I'm trying to pull staples from the pillar here. The red, white and blue are all covered (what is shown times 4 walls and 3 other pillars-I was so tired of painting!) and we have started to rearrange furniture. I couldn't have tackled this HUGE project without lots of help and planning from Shaun. My friend Jody, Echo, Paul and Mom and our Pastor's wife and daughter also helped during the week. On the third night-very late-Tucker and another little mouse also helped finish it up! I am grateful to all of them!!


That week Rylan also had her first little haircut. Her bangs were in her eyes all of the time and Mom kept threatening to do a little trim work for me. We avoided that by letting Ry get a cut while I was getting my hair done.


We enjoyed having Shaun around the last two weeks and he took some great pictures of our shining star. I don't know how he does it-but just you wait and see how awesome he did! Yesterday was our 6th Anniversary! Can you believe it? We can't. On our drive to Nashville to catch our plane Saturday, Paige had a CD mix that included "Wonderful Tonight"-which Shaun sang to me at our reception-and "Your Song"-which played while I walked down the aisle to Shaun! I felt all melancholy listening to them. He was and continues to be my "true companion" (the song we danced to) and the love of my life. How blessed I am to call him my life partner. Thank you God for truly giving me my dream man! And now that I fixed all of my errors from earlier I think I will go enjoy one of my favorites of summer-a nap!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you! Glad I'm not having to make the drive this time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that I can meet with you guys, but I can only get off Monday the 3rd. So let me know what works for you guys. If you can meet Mon. the 3rd, I just need to know so I can move my Dr. appt to the morning instead of 2:30pm.
    Happy Anniversary! Our 6 is coming up on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete