Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Small Update

I thought I should take a moment and update before the crazy weekend gets here. We're about to celebrate Rylan's 2nd birthday and planning a weekend of festivities with family and friends. Fun, but time consuming to think everything through for a party!

Our little girl is turning into a big girl very quickly. We've noticed a lot of small changes in Rylan lately that add up to lots of fun! First, she is a bit more, um...let's say...controlled now. She doesn't spend as much time dumping toys and being a tornado as she used to, focusing more on one thing. Her words, once just one or two at a time, suddenly come out in sentences. Sometimes it takes a minute to understand, but most of the time we get the idea. She is more into reading her books, though when she does she speaks another language! She is fairly proficient at dressing herself now and even wants to pick out her own clothes. We are on day three of no pacifier at bedtime or during car rides and so far, so good!  I could go on and on about all of her changes but that would make this post a lot longer than it needs to be.

Rylan Renee's birthday is on Saturday. She recently found a party hat from last year and has been wearing it around the house declaring, "My Happy!" I've been doing lots of talking about her birthday, and she will finally say "My Happy Day." I think she's going to have a ball this weekend.

Life other than that continues to chug along. I'm on Spring Break from classes, thank goodness. I'm looking forward to them being done. It's officially state testing time at school, and who knew that even though I left the classroom I would still be stuck testing. Bleh. I'm filling in for a 3rd grade teacher who is on maternity leave. Leaving the Library is a pain, but I did get a chance to finish a book for one of my classes, so I guess that's good.

Shaun knocked a wall down in our kitchen, so I'll have to snap some pics of it when he is done. He has a deadline of Saturday! What a hard worker he is. Anyway, I'm catching up on some movie watching while Shaun works nights, so I'll add my pictures and be done for now.


Modeling the hat from last year's birthday

Wearing a hat from her her other coat-a true goofy grape!


Kind of a blurry shot, but I still like it-mostly because of Ry's cute pose!


An odd pic to add, I know. Last week I was listening to Tenth Avenue North's newest song on their website. Rylan came over and saw the middle guy and said, "Tu-ter!" (Tucker, our friend across the street who is still working in CO and hasn't been home for a long time). She blabbered on and on to the screen like it was really him, then kissed the screen and told him good night. It was hilarious!! And I  think crazy-she truly hadn't seen him for six-seven weeks when it happened.


The outfit Ry helped pick out today. What a cutie!


I've been experimenting with straightening her hair. Probably sounds crazy, but it's fun to see how long her hair is without all of the curl!



Stay tuned for a birthday post soon!

1 comment:

  1. Kenz, she's such a doll. I wish her and Judd could meet and play. That'd be fun. Happy Birthday Rylan. Judd's party was a week ago and he had a blast too. Isn't it crazy how right before they turn two, how all of a sudden they seem so big??
    You look great in that pic. of the two of you! Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete