Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fun at the Nebelsick House

Life has settled down much and we are grateful! Shaun has had the last few days off and we've spent a good portion of that time working in the Library. I am happy to report that the shelves are all moved! All that remains now is the decorating and a bit of rearranging. I can't believe how stressed I was about moving the shelves. I'm so excited to make it a cozy place now. We have also done work in the storage room/office area. This space will be awesome, because as I've learned this week, everyone likes to stop through the library and chat! Having a place to work on plans or check email will be nice. Our library aide, Deb, will also have a place to work on the various projects teachers give her. I hope she likes all the changes we've made!

Rylan has done super hanging out at school both days. She follows us around and tries her best to help with books or moving things! We have a few more days off with Shaun next week, then it's back to spending her days at MeMa and PaPa's house or being home with Daddy.

Anyway, the title of this post has nothing to do with the Library, so on to some pics of our days at the Nebelsick house, which were totally enjoyable! It was the first time since getting married that Elizabeth and I have had a "sleepover." How fun to now include our children!

David and Rylan swinging at the park.



Levi and Aria getting pushed by their Mommy.


Rylan is trying to talk to Aria and Levi.


She slid up and down this bench several times!


Walking back from the park, and apparently David was all tuckered out!


On Tuesday night, Elizabeth, Aria, Rylan and I took a quick trip to Sioux Falls for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We got to do a bit of shopping afterwards, too. So much fun!


Rylan, ever the helper, trying to give Aria her pacifier.


We had a super time and appreciate the hospitality of the Nebelsicks. Dan sent some yummy cucumbers, squash and zucchini from their garden home with us and we have enjoyed all of it this week. We are looking forward to another visit someday soon!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth you look great! I am so glad to see a belly picture even if it was unintentional :)

    McKenzie, looks like you had a great time. I love it that your kids are close enough in age to be friends just like you two were :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. I wish I could have met you guys too! :( Next time for sure! Post some pictures of your library work...I can't wait to see it. Sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete